Senior Financial Advisor
Are you tired of the same old unfulfilling financial services work culture? Are you looking for an environment that is laid back yet inspiring and action oriented at the same time?
At Viewpoint Financial Network, a growing financial planning and wealth management firm with over $1B in assets under advisement, we’ve created an atypical organization that defies the trend, combining the independence and innovation of a Silicon Valley startup culture with the rigor and results focus of financial services.
If you’re the kind of person who is empathetic, adaptable to change, and a great communicator you may be interested in our opportunity.
Summary of responsibilities
The SFA is expected to uncover financial planning opportunities by building relationships with a portion of the 1,150 households at Viewpoint Financial Network. The SFA will have the freedom to choose how they develop these relationships using their own style; however, the SFA will be measured based on financial planning activity, asset conversion, new assets, and referrals.
The primary purpose of this role is to expand the capacity of the President and Founder, Benjamin Wong, CFP®, AIF®, MBA. As a client facing advisor you will be expected to create a relationship with our clients by using your unique abilities to create rapport and develop trust. The goal for every client relationship that you develop is to create an online financial plan to uncover opportunities to help the client with clarity and to uncomplicate their finances.
This position offers some business development opportunities with referrals and centers of influence. We expect this to be about 20% of your time.
The successful candidate will have a “growth” mindset, a passion for uncovering financial planning opportunities, and a willingness to be collaborative in your search for solutions.
• Serve as the client facing advisor for a portion of the firms book and be responsible for all ongoing communication
• Understand and communicate the firm’s investment philosophy to prospects and clients
• Review and implement client financial plans by doing all paraplanning work to construct online plans and complete the analysis
• Collaborate with the appropriate people to solve client’s questions and objectives
• Research new products and services that will enhance client relationships or fulfill clients’ short- and long-term financial needs.
• Meet with clients to review paperwork; ensure that all required forms are completed accurately. Our service team will do 90% of the paperwork in preparation for your meetings.
• Generate all pre-meeting materials for prospect and review meetings
• Assist with workflow needs in office:
– Maintain updated client contact records using CRM software. – Follow a sales funnel process for all qualified opportunities from our Service Advisors, referral sources, and online leads. – Maintain appropriate turnaround time on incoming items (e.g., 24 hours for checks).
• CFP® Required, AIF® a plus, BA or BS in business, finance or similar; advanced degree (MBA, CPA) desired
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the investment/insurance industry, experience in an advisory role required; experience with National Financial Services a plus
• Portable book of business is a plus, but not required
• FINRA Series 63 and 65 or 66 registration required
• Candidate must possess a sound understanding of financial planning and investment management strategies; including paraplanner experience.
• Must be comfortable working in an environment that relies heavily on technology and software. Money Guide experience is a plus.
The Financial Professionals of Viewpoint are Registered Representatives and/or Investment Adviser Representatives with/and offer securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network, Member www.FINRA.org/www.SIPC.org (http://www.finra.org/www.SIPC.org) , registered Investment Adviser.
This communication is strictly intended for individuals residing in the states of (AZ,CA,CO,CT,FL,GA,HI,IA,ID,IL,LA,MA,MD,ME,MI,MN,MO,MS,MT,NC,NJ,NV,NY,OH,OR,PA,SD,TN,TX,UT,VA,VT,WA,WV) No offers may be made or accepted from any resident outside these states due to various state requirements and registration requirements regarding investment products and services.
7011 Koll Center Parkway, Suite 260 | Pleasanton, CA 94566 | 925-227-8858